Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest bad luck

A controllogix power supply problem....

3 posts in this topic

I was testing a rslogix5000 ladder, conecting the inputs of DC modules(1756-IB-32), when suddenly the system went down. there was no sound or smell when happened. I check the power and was near 220 voltage. Then i remember about the jumper on the power supply(1756-PA72) that have two position: -Low for 110 voltage and -High for 220 voltage, The jumper was in Low postion, but i remember that the jumper had been put it in the rigth place when i armed. So i don't know when somebody switch that position. The problem is that i was working for 3 weeks on this position and nothing seemed to be wrong. Well, i disconneted the power supply and retired the PA72 module of the chassis. After that, i connected the power supply to the line again, but nothing happened. Does anybody have some experience with this kind of problem??, any suggestion? I don't know what to do.... please help! The system under test ---------------------------- 1 1756-PA72 1 1756-A13 1 1756-L1M2 1 1756-ENET/B 1 1756-CNB/D 3 1756-IB32

Don't know about CLX power supplies (didn't have a chance t oreapir one) but the SLC power supplies are easy to fix. Just replace the 22Ohm 10Watt resistor and the surge suppressor (I think the part number is something like PK200, don't remember it by heart...). In emergency cases suppressor can be removed or cut in half, 22Ohm resistor can be replaced by light bulb ;) (it works) On the other hand I'm annoyed with AB power supplies. They are huge, expencive and not flexible enough. Just look around, 95% of all switching power supplies (well maybe 80%) can take 90-250VAC without any jumpers. Hello AB, it's time to catch up! panic mode Edited by panic mode

I was checking the fuse and resistor, but there was no signal of something wrong. But i have doubt about the jumper position. In one manual saids "Set the Line-Voltage Input Jumper 1756-PA72 120V ac low 1756-PA72 240V ac high" Publication 1756-5.1 – August 1997 In the other manual saids "Verify that the voltage jumper is present and in the factory-preset position: low for PA72/B" Publication 1756-5.67 - July 1998 So i don't know wich one is rigth. Anybody knows that????