Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spanner

Yaskawa Progic8

2 posts in this topic

Folks. Looking for any help out there concerning a Yaskawa Progic8 PLC. We have this here in th eplant controlling a servopack and Positioner assembly. The Points are normally Taught through a teach pendant or through the YPSU interface allowing to access the point table on a remote PC. The problem is that the Teach Pendants are getting pretty scarce on the ground and the communications between YPSU and the Progic8 CPU are unreliable to say the least on anything newer that Windows NT. What I'm trying to do is to get intouch to write the point tables directly to memory but I don't want to bypass the traditional option of the point table because Operations are famailiar with that option and any teach pendant's will be useless. Does Anyone know of any HMI IO Server that can be run between Intouch and a progic8 PLC or where I can get an OPC Server compatible with Progic 8. Also, Anyone out there familiar with progic8, is there a command to write to the point table in the same way the "MON" command reads from it? Any help or suggestions are appreciated and any questions or queries are welcome. Spanner.

Hey guys I Had this posted in the lounge but was probably in the wrong place. If anyone out there has any info, It's appreciated, This has rared it's ugly head again! http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopi...1&st=&p=entry (Or if anyone knows how to move a topic from one location to another?)