Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gumby

zelio sr2/sr3 data cable - telemecanique/scheider

5 posts in this topic

hello forum, i don't see these zelio sr2/sr3 programmable relays mentioned much around the web but maybe someone has information about the (pn sr2 cbl01) data / programming cable? trying to find out : the cable pin-out, and/or is this purely a passive rs-232 cable or is there some level shifting done inside the plastic zelio end connector before it goes to the 6 pin pcb socket?, and lastly, are there any plc forums or groups that discuss these units on the web? thanx in advance for any possible help. bob gadget Edited by gumby

i have the starter kit which came with cable. i didn't check it out but by the looks of it, it's just a 4-wire cable with some tiny connector going into Zelio controller.

so you can actually 'see' just 4 wires available - like a clear telephone cable? do you also see 6 pins arranged rectangularly (2 x 3) at the zelio end? if you ever get a chance to buzz that cable out from end to end in the next month or so i'd be interested to know what you come up with (and if they just go straight through without any modification. based on your observation, i guess it's possible that they use only 3 of the 4 wires doing a simple txd, rxd, & grd. -

I have never bothered with this cable because they are relatively cheap. By the time youwould make the cable up it wouldn't pay for itself. Maybe try eclipse.modicon.com??