Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cdroot4383

upgrading servo motor and amp card

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I have two questions. One of our machines has the following components: A1SJHCPU -> PLC MR-J2-10A -> Servo Amplifier HC-MF13K-UE -> Servo Motor F940G0T-SWD-D -> Panel A1SD75P1-S3 -> Motion Controller Card 1) Currently were are using MEDOC 2.20, Is Medoc compatable with these components? 2) We've had problems with this setup where the servo motor's shaft breaks because it is to small. unfortunately, the machine builder says they no longer make this motor anymore and our lead time for now on is 8weeks to get a new one directly from mitsubishi. I've found several models of the servo amplifier card, but not that exact match. What I'm trying to find out is there any components that we can use to replace the amplifier,motor, and/or motion controller card to simply have a plug and play system to prevent 8 weeeks of down time. thanks in advance, chris

MEDOC is PLC programming software, it should support this CPU but I cannot verify it since I don't use it. F900 series products are HMI. Some of them are available as pendant versions. They need GOT900 developer or GT Works2 or GT Designer. You should be able to download time limited demo version from www.meau.com. A1SD75P1-S3 is motion controller and spports up to 3-axis. we used it last time some 4-5 years ago. nowdays we use SSCNET for any servo application. This requires B version of servo amplifers and motion card with "M" instead of "P" in part number. MR-J2 servo amplifiers are pretty old, i'm not sure if they still sell them since they have been replaced with MR-J2S. HC-MF_K motor series is standard product and we used it on few jobs. You didn't fill in your location but just about all Mitsubishi products sold here come from Chicago with lead time of about 1-2weeks for regular delivery or 2-3 days if you pay few bucks extra. I'm not sure about particular size you have but it look like you could use bigger one or have someone take a look at motor shaft stress, maybe this application is not mechanically sound.

Actually, the HC-MF and MR-J2 are obsolete. The J2 servos were replaced by the J2 Super. You should consider replacing them with an HC-MFS13 and MR-J2S-10A (note the S in part number to designate Super). You will need to replace both the amplifier and the servo motor. One thing to keep in mind, the J2 Super uses a 131072 ppr encoder, while the J2 I believe was 8192. So in the amplifer setup software you should change the scaling on the pulses per rev so you don't have to reprogram your entire machine... The new motor also does not have a keyway in the shaft.

If I upgraded to the HC-MFS and MR-J2S series of motors and amplifier cards would i have to replace the A1SD75P1-S3 motion controller card? Since the shafts have been breaking (3 motors in the last 6 months) we want to get a larger motor. If we went with this setup MRJ2S20A and HCMFS23K would it still be plug and play and the only thing i would have to change would be the scaling for the pulses per revolution? thanks, chris

Crossbow is right, I just looked part numbers we used and it was MFS series of motors. I wasn't aware that MF and MFS are different series. Also 75P2 is two axis controller, 75P1 should be single axis (and 75P3 should be three axis). I've been using A1SD75P2-S3 with MR-J2S-60A (note "A" on the end of the part number). If you choose MR-J2SxxB amplifier (note "B" on the end of part number) then you will have to change controller as well (to 75M1 for example). If you go for MR-J2S-xxA, you can keep A1SD75P1-S3 controller. number after J2S is indicating drive size.

You can use the new (even the larger size) with the old motion controller as long as you adjust the ppr scaling in the amplifier...