Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tspisak

PanelView500 ML1500 Communications Problem

5 posts in this topic

After downloading PLC code (ML1500) and PV application (PV550) for the first time I have the error "683 File Access Error" on my PanelView Screen. I made a quick scan on Goggle and found that I probably have the PanelView trying to read a data-table that isn't in the PLC. (I get the same error if the PanelView is disconnected from the ML1500) I'm going to write a small PV application and test communication and then start adding screens and alarms back in. Any suggestion of a quicker solution to my problem?

What type of communications are you using and what is the part number of the Panelview and what cable are you using?

I'm using a 2711-T5A15L1 with a 2711-NC13 cable to a 1764-24BWA with 1764-LRP processor. I got rid of the error by deleting EVERYTHING but one pushbutton. One error I found was my alarm messages triggers weren't defined for each alarm (last tab). Fixed that in my original application BUT I must still have another bad address. The hunt continues...

Hi tspisak, This is my first time here and I read a lot of interested stuff. I had the same problem as you have. The error code 683 means that something in your PLC wants to write something to the PV but the PV says that he could only change that speciffic bit/word adress. You can easilly fix this problem. But I have it on my work so tomorrow I will give you the anwser. Best regards, Johan

tspisak, The PV program is trying to read a data table that has not been allocated in your program yet. Example, a msg display is set to read N7:5 but in the data table for the N7 registers, you only allocate 2, N7:0 and N7:1, the PV will try read a non-existent area in the plc memory. Right-click on the N7 data file, then select properties and increase the number of elements. Edited by fanucrj3ib