Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chrisbramall

C2000H to CS1 RS422 Communications

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help, I'm trying to read information from Data Memory in a C2000H PLC to a CS1 plc over a RS422 communications link The C2000H is fitted with a 3G2A6-LK0202-EV1 RS422 card the CS1 is fitted with a CS1W-SCB41-v1 Serial Board, RS232 / RS422. Anyone any ideas. or help

How many DM's are you trying to read from the C2000H? In the Download Code/Omron/PLC Code section of this site there is a demo program for a CQM1 to read 10 DM's from a hostlink using RXD/TXD. Just keep in mind that the SCU will not support RXD/TXD. You will need to you the RS232 (HostLink) Port on the CS1. Also, I think there is a Hostlink Protocol Macro available. Not sure where to find it. Hope this will help.

WITH CX-PROTOCOL AND YOUR CS1W-SCB41-v1 BORD , YOU CAN COMMUNICATE WITH ANY PLC. INSTRUCTION PMCR. PROTOCOL MACRO.

Chris! Long time, no post. You still got that C2000H? Looking to network it? Try this. CS1 C Mode Hostlink Protocol Macro @ MrPLC.com

Hi Jay, thanks for the help, Things have been really slow from the PLC side, so i've been off doing other things. All these PLC software frameworks flying around really restrict the smaller private company from developing skills and undertaking projects. So we tend only to pick up the difficult or unusual that others won't even look at. Regards Chris

Well i'm glad to report success. it appears that the CX-Protocol now ships with a protocol set to allow communication to C series PLC's. The protocols are also now being shipped in the latest issue of the protocol macro card. After some tech help from Omron UK, got the system up and running. Transfering 108 Words of CIO data, 450 Words of DM data. Typically a 15 second scan cycle to transfer the data. Regards Chris