Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yevgeny

FX2n and UNIDRIVE

3 posts in this topic

I need much some advice on connecting Control Technics frequency convertors UNIDRIVE to FX2N via RS485. I have such system installed: FX2n controller with FX2N-485-BD, MAC E600 panel connected to PLC via rs485, Scada PC connected to PLC via MAC E600 in tranceparent mode. So I have 2 serial ports on PLC (and one is already used). Which port should I choose for connecting UNIDRIVE (for E600 it makes no difference)? And could anybody give me some information about programming serial communication (may be some examples or manuals)?

I did something similar a number of years ago using an Allen-Bradley SLC5/04 system, writing out of the DF1 port, through a 232 to 485 converter to two unidrives. The important thing with the unidrive is you will need a UD71 module, and you need to set the comms parameters in menu 11 11.24, 11.25, 11.27 ring a bell, they are something like RS485 mode selection, I used 2 wire, baud rate, unidrive address. A unidrive manual will tell you what the parameters are, as I'm going from memory. If you download a manual for the UD71 module it will give you the format of the strings you need to write out of the processor port. Go to www.controltechniques.com You will need to download a manual for your mitsi and read into how to do serial comms from the port you decide upon. www.mitsubishi-automation.com A protocol analyser or hyperterminal in windows is a good addition for having a look at your strings from the PLC. I could post my A-B code but maybe it would not help. Good luck

Thank you ratcliffe_ic :) In fact I have done MELSEC <-> UNIDRIVE communication recently. Everything was OK! So configuring these convertors is not a problem. But that was a system on a base of A2SH-S1 PLC. Now I have FX2N controller and need some information on specific detailes of FX2N programming port and FX2N-485-BD port. I know there is RS command but how it's used and how these ports are adressed that's the subject to find out! First of all, I'll try to search on www.mitsubishi-automation.com...