Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redfootballfish@btopenworld.com

DPV1 Communications To Simocode DP

6 posts in this topic

I have a mitsi Q6 PLC and DPV1 profibus master, i have set a GSD file to configure the simocode on connection, this works fine, but how do i read the data records from the simocode. has anybody done this yet. I have full control of the drive, ie it starts and stops, its just the exteneded diagnostics i cant find Edited by redfootballfish@btopenworld.com

Hi redfootballfish, These simocodes use a lot of bytes on the dp network. There is a limit as to how many of these units you can connect to a network. The only other thing that was a problem was that the bytes were swapped around ie. 15..0 was coming through as 7..0, 15..8. There is an option in the configurator software where you can swap the bytes. I remember that a mits representative once told me that almost all 'foreign' (not Mits) devices need to have their bytes swapped.

redfootballfish, I think everone would like to know.

"I remember that a mits representative once told me that almost all 'foreign' (not Mits) devices need to have their bytes swapped." That is because almost all 'foreign' devices implemented the Profibus DP specification correctly. According to the specification all data is sent high byte first or 'big endian'. At least they have a way to swap the bytes to make it right. Is the Mitsubishi Profibus DP master certified?

I assume that it must be certified. The GX configurator software allows you to swap the bytes around. I remember struggling to read an encoder value back form the Stahl encoder rail, only to discover later on that the 32 bit words' 8 bytes are swapped with the two words being swapped as well. |4th 8bytes|3rd 8bytes|2nd bytes|1st 8bytes| was sent as |1st 8bytes|2nd bytes|3rd 8bytes|4th 8bytes|. Quick fix, but i had to find what I was getting first.