Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Aldo

USB port

10 posts in this topic

See you again Mr. jay, I got information that we can use an USB port to making communication with PLC, did you know the pin connection between USB port and Dsub9, and how/where we can get the driver for this connection? (have you this driver )

It takes a little bit more than just a simple cable to connect a PLC to a USB port. You need a serial to USB convertor.

What has happened to the USB port on the PLC Jay? Is it going to happen as reported or are there problems?

Rumored to be on the CS2 (CS1 with Function Block programming). Already on the NS12,10,8-V1 touchscreen.

This is what you want. i'm using it with win2k with the drivers downloaded from the manufacturers web site it works great! edge port makes a usb to serial port for 1,2,4,and 8 ports. ebay NEW* EDGEPORT/2 USB to 2 Serial PORTS Item # 3027381744 I bought mine for $15 plus shipping.

True but the the edgeport doesn't even have a website. No webisite with good support (drivers, manuals,...) - don't buy anything from them (imho)

Is there difference between USB to serial connector (omron's manuf) with the general one (like USB to serial for PC desktop)? Can we use them? because we have a notebook with no serial connector.

It depends on what Omron software product that you are using. Primarily the difference is whether you are using the FINS Gateway drivers for communications with your PLC. If so, then you need the CS1W-CIF31 adapter. If not, then commercial USB converters should work. Omron will provide support for all Omron software products for use with the CS1W-CIF31 adapter. If you are using another adapter, you will need to contact that manufacturer for support.

heres the web site for the edgeport drivers http://www.ionetworks.com/ trust me the drivers are there. and like i said they work great.

I have had big problems with the adaptor supplied with the HP notebook I bought. Have since purchased a Wiretek brand and it is not too bad. Still have problems connecting sometimes. The interesting thing I found connecting with Syswin to Alpha processors is that my serial cable, fairly long one, cannot have loops in it. Even today I had problems uploading from a C200H PLC with the 3G2A6-LK201 adaptor. Took about 5-6 goes to upload the prgramme. I think it depends on the PC, the age of the PLC and the adaptor. Pain in the A quite frankly. Also have an NEC Versa with a real serial port. No problems whatsoever.