Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Country

Copying comments to another program

4 posts in this topic

I learned something new yesterday, thought I would share it with the rest of you fellows. I have been wondering how to copy comments from one program to another. First you open the program that has the comments in windows, under a folder called resource you will find another folder called others, then inside of that folder you will find the main and comment folder. Copy them and replace them in the program that doesn't have comment's. I'm sure that there will be guys that figured this out a long time ago, but I bet there is also some guys that are in the same shape that i was. That is why I decided to post this.

all right... could have asked but now that you are there, create project using GT Works and save it (it will be *.GTD file). change extension from GTD to ZIP and see what you get. it maybe interesting if you prefer to manually manipulate project, copy screens etc. while this is probably not needed given editing functionality of the program, it is exactly what i would like to see in mitsubishi PLC file, AB RSView ME, EZ Touch (I think they actually do it as one file now) and many more. i don't know how many times customer emailed me copy of a program and there was only one file instead of whole project. on the other hand some of them get really lost when they receive ZIP file. it scares them even more when they learn they have to download something from internet, install it, click somewhere to open file etc. fortunatelly in WinXP there is at least crippled support for ZIP files.

Wow Panic... how do you really feel? ;) I have heard from good source that in the future there will be a single file format for GX-Developer. I agree that the ZIP support in WinXP isn't great, and trying to explain to customers that they need to send the entire directory, not the file. Some day, when all is well with the universe, our life will be easier.

i am passionate critic...