Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TecnOsSud

Cx Programmer Conection

15 posts in this topic

Hi, guys I'm pretty new in programming againa PLC's, and before buying a new laptop, I was wondering...Does anyone know if there are USB cables convreting to RS232 to conect the PC to a Omron PLC? Can I buy it from Omron directly?

Welcome to the forum TecnOsSud! Yes, Omron offers a USB to RS232 converter, part number CS1W-CIF31. It is a bit pricey, but it has been tested and will work with Omron products. There are a few laptops out there that do have a built in serial port, but they are getting harder to find. Hope this will help.

I bought an IO gear brand usb to serial converter at Wal-Mart. I have used it on CPM1A, CQM1, and CS1G-CPU45H. Retails for 30 Dollars.

Hello TecnOsSud, GTs quite right, I use one here at work (when needed), but at home (sad I know) I use a Belkin F5U103 adapter without any probems on my IBM T40 laptop. Regards anonymous

I have used Keyspan with Omron. Never any trouble. Normally I use a 4 port USB microhub by Iogear, and two Keyspan USB to serial convertors. Now I can be online with two devices at once. Keyspan P/N USA-19HS

I have a cheapo USB-RS232 (Prolific) works fine with CJ1MCPU22 and CPM's I've tried it on. But I expect them to only work on short cables of only a few metres long!

I have USB-RS232 (vivanco/Serial Twin-Tower modul) works fine with CJ1MCPU22 and HP omnibook xe4400/Win2000 Pro. It didn't work manually with conficured project, but i was earliyer testet that PLC with desktop COM1. I don't know what that test done to PLC settings. After then I selected PLC->Auto Online with correct COM2 and it found with correct PLC-type and everything. Prolific USB-to-Serial Bridge (COM2) have set earlier under Device manger under Computer manager under Adminstrative Tools (Under Control Panel).

my suggestion is: 1.if you have enough money,you can buy a CS1W-CIF31,OMRON product,no problem;(about $200) 2.buy a PCMCIA-232 adapter,is same to a 232 port in mainbroad.i buy one,no problem.(about $40)

I use CS1W-CIF31 & CX-One 1.0, Toshiba laptop & it does't work!!! I fick or nut ink but I donut get it, yeah!

Hello Neo, Your USB port may not be COM1 by default. (On my laptop, I have to remember to set the 'Network Type Driver' in CX-P to COM3). Hope this helps Regards anonymous

Hi Paul Sorry for my vague post. The problem is that the CS1W-CIF31 is on COM5 in the device manager but when I open CX-Programmer I can't select COM5 because it is not displayed as an option. I am waiting a reply from Mark Grant at Omron tech help UK (Milton Keynes) Regards Neo

Sorry I can't understand that.!? In the mean time I posted my reply so did others...

What version of CX-Programmer? Are you aware you can change comm port numbers in Windows Device Manager? I have had to do it several times.

This handy utility came with a Sitecom USB-RS232 converter but it is useful in general. It shows which devices are usign which COM ports, availability of other COM ports, and lets you change COM port numbers. port conflicts etc. UTILITY.rar

Hi All I am using CX-Programmer 6.0 & a CS1W-CIF31 USB to serial converter. Changing the port no. in device manager to say COM5 doesn't show up in CX-Programmer when setting the comms. Thanks for that utility I'll see if there are any port conflicts. Best Regards Neo