Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dleehanson

Symate

4 posts in this topic

Is anyone familiar with Square D's Symax PLC. I have found a user manual but it is not very helpfull. I have some questions on understanding the shift function. 1: how does the bit shifted recieve its signifier. 2: explain the forward and reverse, is it always one or the other.

My book (Bulletin #30598-666-01B2) shows a RESET, FWD or REV contact, and a DATA input. 1. RESET needs to be open, FWD or REV need to transition from open to closed state to shift. THe DATA input becomes the state of the first bit after the shift. 2. Yes its always one or the other. You can do either direction if you setup two shift registers acting on the same data register.

Gerry M I think that we are working with and older version. This is a scp 401 processor. The shift instruction has looks like this shft -----xio------xic------fwd so501 ------------------------rev s0502 ----xio----------------clear chn oo1 Thanks for the help

In case it is helpful, FasTrak SoftWorks, made the original Symate + software for Square D 25 years ago. We still support the SQD software and have improved it to work under all Windows platforms. Feel free to contact me for further info. jim@fast-soft.com