Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Darian

Writing analog with GX-developer

2 posts in this topic

I have used rslogix500 for years And Our new machinery has all Q-series plc's from mitsubishi. I'm going to do a upgrade on a Tenter frame and I want to use the Q-series plc. I have GX-developer ver 7 . How do I write a analog inputs and outputs with the GX-developer?

You have to know where are your analog cards. Each special card (anything but simple digital input or digital output is special card) requires some mapped I/O for communication with the PLC CPU (card ready, faulted, etc.). Actual values you are looking for are in buffer registers of the special card. To access them you can use TO and FROM instructions. If you have analog output, make sure you enable it (there are 2 or 3 places where you have to "turn it on"). When addressing particual module you have to figure out base address. If your card is using X40-X60 or Y40-Y60 than the base address is 40h (start of the range). When using TO and FROM to read and write to the cards buffer memory, you will need to use this number but remeber to remove last digit (in this case it would be 4h). So instruction to read 3 buffer register starting at 20 from card with base address 570h into PLC memory starting at D50 would look like M20 ---||-------[FROM H57 K20 D50 K3] M20: command to read (you can use SM400 if you want continuous reading) FROM: instruction name H57: base address of the card is 570h K20: start to read from buffer 20 (K is decimal, you can use H14 as well) D50: destination address is D50 K3: length of block to be transferred (3 words) To works in a same way, but what you really have to do is visit www.meau.com and get some programming manuals for the hardware you intend to use. hope this helps, panic mode