Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Mike Crosby

Mitsubishi Freqrol Variable Frequency Drive

7 posts in this topic

We have a number of OKK CNC machines that use the Mitsubishi "Freqrol" VFD to control the spindle motor. I need to procure a technical manual for this drive, model: FR-SF-2-15K. Can anyone suggest wher I can get this manual? I have checked the Mitsubishi web site and they do not list that drive. It is an older drive. Thank you, Mike

Hi Mike, I have had a look through my archives and I cannot locate any manual on that drive???? Perhaps Crossbow can help you better. He usually refers to a web site, http://www.meau.com. Try it or otherwise contact your local supplier.

you should contact manufacturer. searching for "FR-S" on mitsubishi website returned some hits for FR-S500 but i couldn't find anything on FR-SF-2-15K

Better to check again the label of the inverter. FR-SF.. may be an optional device, such noise filter, brake unit, or other.. Please confirm bye Max

I wasn't able to find manual either, this is only site I found: http://www.mitsubishi-cnc-parts.com/ Good luck, Tmu

I've looked all over at old parts lists and such and can find no record of an FR-SF drive. Better check that part number again. Was it part of a CNC machine or is it a standard drive? I know the servos in the CNC product line have part numbers that don't always match up to their Automation division counterparts. I don't really have access to info on the CNC side yet...

Hallo Mike. The FR-SF drives are spindel drives. They took over for FR-SE and was used until about 1990 when the MDS system replaced it. This drives are used on all CNC machines with Mitsubishi controls. (ex. Mazak). I got my manuals in paper version directly from Mitsubishi Europe at request. Regards