Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mushu

S7-300 communication with Intouch

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I am trying to communicate an intouch application with a CPU-315-2DP and a CP343-1. We have bought the new version of SIMATIC NET, and when I tried to configurate my PC I discovered that it is very different compared with the older version. We have installed SIMATIC NET and the Wonderware I/O driver "Simatic S7". Please, anybody could help me to configurate the PC? I have this two manuals: Industrial Communication with PG/PC and SIMATIC NET Commissioning PC Stations - Manual and Quick Start but I have still problemsss!!!! Thank you.

Use the IO SERVER called 'DASSIDirect-1.0’ which is located on one of the disks called 'Device Integration Products I/O Servers, DAServers' that was supplied by Wonderware. There is a tech note with the IO Server on how to install and set-up. If you are using Windows XP as your PC Operating system you may need a patch to allow the communication to work. Hope this helps

Hi, I received this answer in another post (Thank you Muthu, ): SIMATIC Net Configuration (for OPC Server) 1.Station Configurator 1.1 Open Station Configurator from start menu 1.2 Add OPC Server at index 1 2.Configuration Console 2.1 Open Configuration Console from start menu 2.2 Change “Mode of the module” as “Configured mode” and “index” to “5” 3.SIMATIC NCM PC Wizard 3.1 Open SIMATIC NCM PC Wizard from start menu 3.2 “Create a new project and configuration” 3.3 “Create a copy of the local PC Station” 3.4 “Edit network and connection Configuration” 3.5 drag and drop “PG/PC” from right menu tree to the work space 3.6 right click on “PG/PC” and click “Object Properties” 3.7 In “Interfaces” tag, add “Ind. Ethernet” by clicking “New..” button 3.8 Key in the MAC address of the S7 PLC 3.9 Click on “OPC Server” in the station 3.10 Double click in the empty row under ‘Local ID’ 3.11 Key in MAC address of the S7 PLC 3.12 Click on “Address Details” Specifies the physical location of the PLC Ethernet module (Rack/Slot) 3.13 Download all the configurations from the menu PLC => Download to current project => Connections and Gateways 3.14 Select “Station” and download, from the menu PLC => Download to current project => Selected Stations It was exactly what I needed. I hope it will help somebody else too.

I have installed: ->SIMATIC NET S7 I/0 Server 7.5.0.11 ->SIMATIC NET Software 6.4 but I cannot find "SIMATIC NCM PC Wizard" from the start menu!