Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anjani

Pl7 Pro source code for simple example

4 posts in this topic

Thanks everybody in advance! I am new to PLC Programming so have few idea how to proceed to programming in Modicom PL7 Pro. I have gone through PL7 Pro's demo program which come with the software but I can't get much idea from the example. If possible does anyone can send me simple example like three phase motor control or something similar so that it can help me a lot to get the idea how to begin programming. Also after I have programmed in PL7 Pro a program, how can I be sure that there is nothing wrong in the program and would give the desired result. I have heard about a proram like simulator which can check the correctness of the program. Is there any simulator for PL7 Pro? Thanks a lot! Here is my email add. akpajiyar@yahoo.com Or anyone may choose to put the sample code in the archive section so that other can also see it. Thanks a lot!

I don't know of a simulator for Pl7 Pro. As for sample code, the ones that come with it are really the only samples I've seen. When you say three phase motor control, what are you trying to do? I might be able write a quick sample if you give some info on what you want to see. Modicon also used to have an online tutorial for the TSX Premium and PL7 software. This was a good way to learn the way around the software. I don't know if it's still available online or not.

Thanks Chris for your quick response! I am thinking of a control system to control the movement of the water gate's upward and downward movement (four position: top, bottom, and two intermediate ) plus stop, start, overload protection of 380V 3-phase motor. I bought MODICON TSX PREMIUM PLC from Schneider with modules like: (1) Power supply: TSX PSY2600 (2) Processor: TSX P57203 (3) Discrete Input Module: TSX DEY16A5 (16I 240VAC IEC Typ 1) (4) Discrete Output Module: TSX DSYR5 (16Q Relay lth 3A) (5) Alalog Input Module: TSX AEY1600 (16 Channel) (6) Embedded Webserver Module: Factory Cast TSX WMY100 I would also like to monitor the current and voltage of the motor. Hope I have described what am I trying to do? More explanation for the code would be highly helpful for the novices like me! Any other source of information would be very helpful? Thanks a lot!

You're going to need some kind of 3 pole contactor for the motor, and I would recommend an overload with an auxiliary contact on it. That way you can wire the aux back to the PLC and see if it overloads. Use one of the PLC's discrete outputs to turn the contactor on and off. As for monitoring the current and voltage, you can use a CT to bring the current into the PLC as an analog signal, and you can get a device that measures voltage and brings it in as an analog input. How do you plan on knowing the position of this gate? You mentioned and up, down and two intermediate positions. Are you going to have limit switches or some indicator of what position it is in?