Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rbyrne15

Modicon Momentum

4 posts in this topic

Hi Folks, I'm about to start a final year project, in which I plan to use a Momentum controller and a Magelis touchscreen interface to control a small process. I worked with the Magelis and the relevant software during this past summer - a sweet summer job that was... I wondered if anyone could nudge me in the direction of the Momentum instruction set. I'll be programming using NxT (ladder programs). I've searched the Telemecanique website several times, but nothing about instruction sets came up. The literature library that AB use is much better, but oh well. Thanks , Richard Byrne.

The manuals are all there, you just need to know what you're looking for. Th manual for the instruction set in 984 Ladder Logic is called the Modicon 984LL Block Library. Manual is listed on their website under Momentum, Quantum, and Compact. It's part number is 840USE10100. The most recent version is 5.0, and it's in 4 seperate volumes. I'll also add them to the downloads section here. But if you already have ProWORX NxT, you won't need the manuals as every bit of the help on the instructions is in the software's help file.

Thanks for the reply - now I have another question. After playing around with our loaned PLC, an ADM 350 10 (M1 980-20 processor), I wrote a small program to the controller: ---|10001|---(00001)--- I forced the input condition on, and even applied 24Vdc to "pin 1" and "pin 16" (with the input re-enabled) on the control I/O terminal block, to find that output 1 didn't light. What am I doing wrong or missing? Thanks, Richard Byrne.

Did you go into traffic cop and set up the addressing for the I/O module? You need to tell it what modules you have connected and what addresses you want them to have. I don't have the manual in front of me for the inputs, but I assume it has 16 inputs, so pins 1 and 16 would be 2 different inputs. Check the wiring diagram in the Momentum I/O Bases user manual. I think it's pin 17 or 18 you need to connect to make the input turn on.