Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Jerry Desaulniers

Mcro(99)

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to learn to use the MCRO(99) function. I'm lost as I'm even having trouble entering the code does anyone have a working exaple of code that they can download for viewing? If not does anybody have any experience with this function? Any insight into this function?

Jerry, I'm sorry but I have been off-line for a couple of days. I wish I could have been here for you this weekend.  It looks like you got some help elsewhere. Some thoughts on MCRO(99): 1.     MCRO(99) is used when repetive circuits bear some resemblance in structure but not addresses. 2.     It allows a template circuit to be built using internal registers(IR232-235 for input and IR236-239) and substitute real world I/O on a one to one basis. 3.     MCR0(99) is a programmer's cool instruction but a maintenance's guy's nightmare.  This is true also with indirect addressing. 4.     Careful attention must be paid to layout of real-world I/O.  The instruction expects that like I/O be in the same order as the template circuit. 5.     Circuits with timers don't work because the timers are never the same current value. MCRO(99) is a great idea, but it needs a lookup table for non-contiguous I/O. :-3

I'm with JayA on this.. I avoid using it like the plague because it's too difficult to understand unless your intimately familiar with Omron PLC's unlike many maintenance people.  Also to keep code more portable I've found it to be more trpouble than it's worth (of course that pertains to most specialized instructions) :)

more trouble than its worth, It sound s like a good idea initially but when you get into problems becomes a nightmare. remember that some else might be following you in weeks, months or years and any program should be structured and documented in a way that can be easily understood.