ksliston

Communication with Non-Procedure Protocol

3 posts in this topic

I am a 20 year veteran of PLC programming and I'm getting my *&$$#* butt kicked with the new mitsubishi Q series communication module. I was "given" a program that "works". It is supposed to process a custom protocol. The protocol looks like this <stx>messagecontent<etx>C, where C is an ASCII checksum character. I can see the data showing up in the 600h buffer memory area, but I can't figure out how to get the X3 bit (new data) to turn on so that the PLC can read the data from the memory and process it. Sounds simple, but I've been fooling with manuals and tech support for 2 weeks now and have gotten nowhere. Any ideas Thanks ksliston

Hi ksliston, post the code. we will assist. ps. did you set up the time out and header words? regards, waynes

Here is a copy of my code. the program file COMM within the PLC files is the one that I'm using for communications. I wasn't sure how to set up timeouts or header/footer words. I am not sure of the definitions in the manuals. The zip file contains a GOT program and a PLC program called "Chrysler". Thanks for your help PLC_GOT.zip Edited by ksliston