Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Dan S.

NT612G "connecting to host"

14 posts in this topic

This is what i have: NT612G-DT211B NT Interactive Display NT600M-LK201 Host link interface NT610G-SMR34-V21 NT SYSTEM ROM CHIP I hope someone can point me in the right direction with my problem. Ive got about six of these old NT screens. They are a Japenese model, some with english language chips and some without. For the life of me i can't get any one of them to connect to any PLC (CVM1,C2000H,C1000,C200HG) Ive called Omron about three times trying to get some different opinions on how to get them to connect and got nowhere. The tech support doesn't even have the correct manuals for this model. The times i have called they have walked me through from start to finish on getting the screen to connect to connect but in the end the screen still says "CONNECTING TO HOST". Im wondering if anybody has these are has had them in the past and what they did to get them to connect. Ive tried almost every cable cobination known to man, with every dipswitch and im just spinnng my wheels. The screens are good because they were removed from working equipment about 4 months ago. Any help is welcome. Thanks!!

Have you tried pressing opposite corners of the screen to place it into "program" mode? This will allow you to check all the settings etc. The screen may have been set up for NT Link and you may be trying to connect via straight host link, or vice versa. This may help, it is the manual for the NT600M. I do not know that particular screen and cannot help with a manual but Omron do sometimes release equipment for Japan only. The NT600M manual should help you connect at least as all the Omron screens work the same way. Jay will see this and he may be able to help further with a manul. http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/pdfcatal.nsf/P...pdf?OpenElement

After a little research, all indications indicate that the SMR34-V21 ROM Chip supports NT Link. Check back later, I might be able to find a manual for NT12G. Yeah, Bob, I was watching you online, but couldn't find the manual fast enough.

Bob,Jay- I have already gone through the settings under the memory switch portion of the maintence screen. Everything seems ok. It reports an NT link at 9600 With the DM area i have set with the NT software. I also have a 612 manual in english but when using the NT link with the rom chip and LK moduel i have it says to refer to a different manual that neither myself or OMRON has. Im at home right now so i don't remember the nuber but if you look a few pages after the picture that was posted it will call out for that specific manual. If i rember right it was "dirrect connection using NT link" V-025 or somthing like that. When get to work on tues i will append this posting. I would hate for you to go through all the ringers i did to come back to square one.

Only the C200HG supports NT Link. All the others you mentioned only support Hostlink(Sysway). There are two flavors of NT Link supported by C200HG: A. 1:1 NT LInk (The original) B. 1:N NT LInk (Recent expansion) I'm sure that the NT612G is using 1:1 NT Link. If you are still getting "Connecting to Host", you're problem lies either in cable or setup, not direct connection. Regarding V025-manual: NT610C Operation Manual What you're really needing though is info on Direct Connection: NT Manual for Direct Connection

I don't know about c1000 or c2000 but CVM1's support NT link. Dipswitch 3 on the front cover will allow the hostlink port to use NT link for communication with pt units. What i tried with the C1000 and C2000 was going through a host link module. I also set up the C200 for nt link In the PC settings and connected the cable to the host link port, and tried setting up for host link communications at every baud rate, all with no luck. I also tried a C200 with a host link module also. In the C200 their is a set of DM's you can specify for what communication you want to use with the Host link port, or you can set the dipswtich on the front to a default setting. I tried both. The manual i really need that is nowhere to be found is "Nt series direct connection operation manual" (v026-e1-1) On page 37 of the NT610 and the NT612g book call out for this manual when using the NT link. When i called omron they said their copy was in Japenese. The cable im using is like this: rd-sd sd-rd CTS shorted to RTS RTs shorted to CTS ground to ground Do i need full handshaking? Do i need to set any bits in the PT notify or Controll Area? Thanks for all of your help, i really like this fourm and the amount of Omron stuff. Ive been lurking on PLCS.net for a long time and post every now and then but there is so much AB stuff that i get bored really fast.

Try setting everything up for bog standard host link not NT link. All the PLCs will talk host link. Here is a link to the Omron cable guide. Glad you got bored over there, although I go there a lot also. Here I am comfortable with my favorite PLC, although one has to use what the customer wants most of the time. We have a lot of customers in Oz where "if it ain't Allen Bradley it ain't beautiful". Omron Cables

I will be away for three days while I'm teaching a class. If I get anything on the NT612G manual, I'll let you know.

Here's the link to the V024 Manual: V024-E1-1 NT612G Operation Manual

Here's the Link to V026 manual: V026-E1-1 NT Direct Connection

2-3 3-2 7-8 Shorted;4-5 shorted 9-7 Not necessary for full handshake

Im having a problem downloading the V026 manual. The other file for the NT screen downloaded fine. When i try to download the file i get the screen that says "your download will start in five seconds" But I then get kicked back to the main download page, with no option to download any file. Thanks Bob for the cable guide. That will come in VERY handy!!! We have at my plant almost every Omron PLC made along with alot of Omron Servo controll. Now i have a complete reference.

Dan S: Please register at MrPLC.com and join the MRPLC.com community Register at MrPLC.com The file is too large for our download section. When you register, I will get your email address. Then I will send the file by email.

Dan, It's fixed now. Click on this link to download: http://www.mrplc.com/dl/index.php?action=v...try&entryid=155 Thanks