Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dragosel80

Alpha2 AS-Interface

4 posts in this topic

hello, I have to develop an aplication which needs to connect two alpha2s. does anyone tried to connect two alphas? i know that there is AL2-ASI which can help. please, if anyone tried this and succeed give me more informations about this. Edited by dragosel80

i never used Alpha2 but i think you ask a bit too much... those things are just smart relays. while ASi network connectivity is possible Alpha has to be slave. two slaves don't make it a network. you need master. you can get small real plc that will do what you want. FX series from Mitsubishi is not much more expencive

There is no method for two Alphas to talk to each other. The Alpha is a smart relay, not a PLC. Basically the two things you lose in a smart relay versus micro PLC tend to be mathematics and communications. If you need two devices that can talk to each other, suggest you look at he FX series PLC (FX1S, FX1N, FX2N, FX2NC, FX3U).

Hello, It appears as if the AL2-ASI can only handle 4 in and 4 out (is this all?). Maybe another way to get some info across is by using some digital io and 'multiplexing' it between the two controllers. The alpha is a very basic unit, but has its' applications. Hope this helps.... waynes