Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikecqm

Nt Supprt tool

6 posts in this topic

Did anybody try to send the program by modem to the terminals (Nt21,30c,31c)? I found a little bit dangerous the possibility to delete all the program (and the system) in the last touch screens; if a custumer is able to bypass the block to access to the system menu.....should be a shame!! Mike.

It can be done but the customer has to be there to put the touchscreen in Transmit mode.

Ok for the "Transmit mode" setting... ...but what about the connection between Computer--modem-----modem-Nt com port? And if the Computer modem is not connected to the computer Com,(is internal), what about the Support Tool Com settings? Thanks a lot for the answers, Mr Jay. Mike :-p

I have not done this myself, but here are some details: The way to keep HyperTerminal connected: Once connected with ATD.... CONNECT 9600, stop execution of HyperTerminal with CTRL ALT DEL. Answer NO to the Dialogue Box asking you if you want to disconnect. Answer Yes when the second Dialogue Box (after a while) ask you if you want to quit HyperTerminal Download the application using standard speed (comm setup). Modem should not detect DTR loss. Use &D parameter in the setting. I succeed with NT30, NT620C and using Windows95 (v. OSR2). Applications were using several pages but this should be tested with big application needing maybe flow control

Many,many thanks! I will make the test as soon as possible, and I also will let you know how is gone.... Ciao, Mike P.S. It' amazing how is easy to get answer from you!

mikecqm did make the test and here are his results. NTST_MODEM.doc