Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Wally

Timers

4 posts in this topic

I am new to Omron PLC's and am confused with timers. What I want to do is start a coil to start mixing on an input request and stay on for 10 seconds after the input request goes false. I think I have done it with a few KEEPs, a DIFD and a timer but there must be an easier way. Am I correct in my understanding here? You make a timer TIM006. If you want to use the timer done bit you assign TIM006 to the contact but if you want to use the timer timing bit you assign TIM6 to the contact? Thanks.

OK. You have discovered one of the short-comings of the Omron instruction set. In fact, this is fact with most Japanese PLC manufacturers. There is no off-delay timer. All variations of the basic timer must be built with the one included on delay timer instruction. Since you did not state what model PLC or what software you are using, I don't know how to answer your addressing question, but here is an example of the circuit you require. BTW, has it stopped snowing in St. Paul?

Thanks Jay, For my earlier question: Am I correct in my understanding here? You make a timer TIM006. If you want to use the timer done bit you assign TIM006 to the contact but if you want to use the timer timing bit you assign TIM6 to the contact? The software I am using is CX Programmer version 2.1 for an Omron C200H CPU21

There is no timer timing bit, only a timer completion bit. If you are using CX Programmer, the address of the Timer completion bit for TIM006 is T6.