Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Mr. Burg

Modicon PLC Stops Running Part#2

2 posts in this topic

I posted a similar message before; I looked into the PLC status words and the battery failed bit (Word 1, bit 12) is on as well as the peripheral port stop bit is on in the stop code error analysis (Word 5, bit 1). Could this be why the controller does not start running when you cycle its main power supply? I have searched the web for peripheral port stop (the help menu in ProWorx says the controller is stopped - a lot of help this was!!) and nothing for battery failed. Is there a battery setting (selectable dial, or jumper setting) on the controller itself for batter functionality or do you have to actually install a battery? The problem is, if I shut the machine down to do some work, I have to go back online after I cycled power on to start the controller -- what a pain. Thanx in advance.... Mr. Burg

If you have no battery and you power cycle the system, it will almost always lose it's program. Peripheral port stop means the controller was commanded to stop via the programming software. That's not indicating a fault. The PLC should always return to it's last state at powerup, meaning if it was in RUn when power went out, it should transfer back to RUN when power returns. If it was stopped at power off it will power up in STOP. Make sure your program in the PLC is actually there and valid.