Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmervenne

NEW TO MITSUBISHI PLC"S

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, i am used to Allen Bradley PLC programming. I ran across something in a Mitsubishi program that is a little confusing. There are two rungs, after the first contact on the first rung there is a vertical line going down to right after the first contat on the second rung. This looks like it is being treated as one rung. Logically it looks like the first contact on the first rung is ORed with the first contact on the second rung, But i am not sure. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A picture of what you're talking about would be very helpful. Are you saying there is an or after the first contact on the first rung? Why is that odd? Perhaps I'm not picturing what you are saying... Either upload the program, draw it in Paint, or do a screen shot of it in your code and post it, that way we can see what you're talking about.

is it a MCR input or some interupt thing ?

Mitsubishi does not use "rungs" as Allen Bradley or Siemens. It is simply steps.

Waynes??? Mitsi can use either ladder (rungs) or steps (list) or for that matter SFC and more Maybe you have only ever seen 'list' As for the original question - I would suspect he is seeing (as mentioned before) an MCR relay - which shows as a break (or N/O) in the left bus line