Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ECSI

Accessing Memory Card Files

17 posts in this topic

Is there any way to access the data log files on a CJ1G PLC through the peripheral port without using CX-Programmer? My customer wants the system operator to upload the files and send them to a system engineer for analysis, but he doesn't want to have the operator open up the control panel and remove the card because he's wandering into 600 VAC territory and it becomes a safety issue. Also, he doesn't want the operator to go online using CX-programmer because with the wrong clicks of the mouse he can accidentally mess up the PLC program or change memory values. If there is a safe way to access the card thru the peripheral port, then I can just extend the port to a connector on the side of the control panel for him to plug into. BTW, the RS232 port is connected to an NS8 so it is unavailable. Thanks

any Scada progam can read data from a PLC safe in read only mode and convert it to CSV you just need a simple one , there are lots in the market

Order a CS1W-CN118 cable which converts the peripheral port to an RS232 port and then extend the cable using standard 9pin D-Sub parts.

Scada can read memory areas of a PLC but I don't think it can upload csv files from a CF card. Maybe I'm wrong. Scada would have been the better option in the beginning instead of an NS8, but the panel supplier sold him on an NS8, now he doesn't want to spend extra money on Scada, which I can understand. I believe I could achieve his goals with ethernet if he upgraded, but again, he wants the easy (cheap!) solution. If there is no easy solution, he'll have to use CX-Programmer or let the guy go into the panel to remove the card.

with a SCADA you can read the data of the PLC , thats right , to configure a CSV file with the data and more any SCADA will do , I understand your problem , a SCADA program even a minimal one is not cheap , the other solution is building a small application for reading data from the PLC , it will take some work but it is not that difficult if you are familiar with the Host link Commands

If you can add Ethernet, then any FTP program cn access the CF Card for upload and download. I am trying to locate a serial program. I know what the FINS commands are, but I do not know if anyone has written an access program using them.

Try using the: HTML Tool This program is freeware. Omron HTML Tool is designed to read HTML files from the Compact Flash card inside a Omron CS / CJ PLC and set or read some values from the plc's datamemories.

Html tool 1.1

i have tried to access memory card frorm the vb program and it can display memory card like in cx programmer you can take "OMRON memorycard component" and show file memory regard

Yair - I tried the HTML Tool v1.0 and I could connect and read the demo file log.csv included with the software, but i can't save the file as a csv, only as htm. My system will be creating new log files daily, named by the operator using string inputs on an NS8. Am I to assume that a new link to each file needs to be added to the index.htm page before I can access it using HTML Tool? ARK - Do you have any sample code using VB to access the OMRON memorycard component? I found a guy that knows VB but has never used it with PLC's. Any other info you could provide would help. Thanks

Yair - I forgot to mention the version 1.1 that you attached doesn't work. It seems to be corrupted.

Hi Guys Just looking for the same info, my CJ1 is connected to an ethernet network - my boffin created a VB application to read the data from the CF card and is using FTP to access the card - unfortunately I recieve an error (Unauthorised Access) - is there some settings in the PLC that need to be set? Any help would be most appreciated - my local Omron tech has left the company, so no support here and my client is getting a bit fed up with me!! Thanks a lot Kev

Kev, The info you require is in the 'Construction of Applications' Manual W421-E1-02, perhaps someone can post it here. You can download it from www.omron.co.nz (or other omron sites) I suspect the trouble is you have not set the username and password for the FTP function in the ethernet unit setup. This setup can be done in the IO Table component of CX-Programmer. Your VB program will need to use the username and password also. Note that the ETN21 does have a default for these settings, this can be found in the manual above (FTP section). See Diagram. Hope this helps... Nibroc (NZ) Edited by Nibroc

accessing CF mem card VB... some discussion with :p ARK :p VB listing using OMRON/Memory Card.ocx installed with CX programmer 2.1 Private Sub Form_Load() MemoryCard1.Show End Sub run it, you will see PLC Setting dialog, choose the proper setting according to your PLC we've try connect the CPU with toolbus & controller link (by CLK Support board). while we try with sysmac way, access timed out. if the setting is true, you will get the window like Explorer that you can transfer data to/form your CF -> storage device about your port on PLC, there is only pheripl port you can use adapter pheriprl to RS232C i don't know the model series thx-matur suwun

you just take your PLC to toolbus mode (turn on dip switch no.5) and just write down this code : Private Sub Form_Load() MemoryCard1.Show End Sub and then take set your PLC regard

Thanx Nibroc will give that a go - will download the manual and have a read - will let you know if I finally get this to work - one can only hope!! Thanx to everyone else too of course Kev