Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Ingolf

Need Help for serial-connection

4 posts in this topic

Hello! I'm so lucky that i have found this forum. But i can't find help for my trouble with connection C60H > RS232 > PC. For programming i have connected a serial cable between C60H Port RS232C an my PC, all works well. Now i try to send ascii-characters from C60H to the PC. My programm simply send one byte to the RS232-Port (one second pulse) like this: LD 253.13 AND 255.02 @POUT DM0020 #0001 #0001 I use the same cable as i use for programming and a terminalprogramm at PC, but nothing happen! Then i have set the DM0920 to hex 0200 for using Ascii-mode, than FAL-Error occurs (9E). I don't have much documentation for this problem and i'm a really newbie for programming Omron-SPS. Please, can you help me? (and sorry for my broken english )

You must use this procedure to permanently set the RS232 port to the ASCII mode. Any changes in DM900-DM929 get written both to DM1900-DM1929 and a special parameter backup area for these parameters. Make your changes to DM900-DM929 before you use this procedure. Any changes made after this procedure will result in a System FAL 9E (Parameter area does not match the backup area.) It is only necessary to run this program one time. It can then be deleted from the user program. (Note: Any dashed lines ------ in the function block should be filled in with 000.)

Thank you very much for your fast help and for the wonderfull documentation! I will test it today and tell you about my results. Thx, Ingolf

Ingolf: Please register on this forum and become a part of the overall MrPLC.com community. Register at MrPLC.com