Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_John

Q-system and Siemens ET200s with AI-module

9 posts in this topic

I have a Q06CPU and PB92D-Profibusmaster wich is connected to a ET200S eqipped with: one PM-E DC24V, two 2-CHANNEL AI (6ES7 134-4GB01-0AB0), two 4DI (6ES7 131 4BD01-0AA0), one 4 DO 6ES7 132-4BD01-0AA0. I've connected a laser (Baumer electric 0ADM 20I6472/S14F) wich has 4-20mA output to the first AI (Ground at pin 2 and + at pin 1). The laser measures a distance 5-300mm with 13 bits resolution. I've adressed the first AI as X210 to X21F. I "Import" the value by using MOV s=K4X210 d=AI1_RAW (AI1_RAW is a Integer). When I study the bits its seems like the 7th-1th bit gets first , Empty bit , Sensor Not Connected, Sensor Connected, empty, OK_value, Bit 1 - 7. I then rotate the bits right 9 steps and mask the first five bits so I get LSB at the right. I then use the decimal value but it isn't linear. Does anyone know the order of the bits in X210-X21F after the A/D-conversion ?

The bit order should be documented in the manual for the ET200s, or you should be able to look it up in a GSD file. It's not up to the Mitsu PLC what order things come in, it's up to the slave device. The bit order is set by the slave device, based on it's I/O mapping. Siemens says what order data is received in based on their GSD files.

Ok, nice , i'll take a look in the GSD-file.

I've found this in the GSD-file,but it doesn't make sense . Module = "6ES7 134-4GB01-0AB0 2AI I 2DMU" 0x51 222 Ext_Module_Prm_Data_Len = 4 Ext_User_Prm_Data_Const(0) = 0x40,0x00,0x80,0x00 Ext_User_Prm_Data_Ref(1) = 10 Ext_User_Prm_Data_Ref(1) = 11 Ext_User_Prm_Data_Ref(1) = 12 Ext_User_Prm_Data_Ref(1) = 13 Ext_User_Prm_Data_Ref(1) = 14 Ext_User_Prm_Data_Ref(1) = 15 Ext_User_Prm_Data_Ref(3) = 19 Ext_User_Prm_Data_Ref(3) = 20 EndModule (By the way I'm setting up the PB with Configurator DP)

Chris is right, you need help from guys who use Siemens to help you with mapping. In the Configurator DP you have to insert node, assign the address etc. When you click on slave node, go to Select Modules (if the slave node is configurable). This is where you have to assign certain number of bytes for IN and OUT map. I don't know what is ET200s but it sounds like it may be remote rack that can be populated with cards (analog, digital etc.). So you have to consult manual for that device. For example you mention two channel analog input card. I would assume 2 words (4 bytes) for that card (again, this is assumption, you need to read the manual). Two of the 4DI cards might be mapped byte each, as well as 4DO. This would make input table 6byte and output only one byte.

I think the setup is OK, I'm only using the first AI at this moment. I canget values but i wouldlike to be able to set up the bitsthatshould be used for values, valueOK etc. My present setup looks like below: Many thanks for your help !

Panic... ET200S is a slice I/O system from Siemens. It's similar to the Wago or Beckhoff modular remote I/O systems. There are also some predesigned blocks in the ET200 family. They're all Profibus.

We have solved it! We had arranged the bits in the correct order (they where all mixed up), so that wasn't the problem. My college sketched a graph with Dist in mm as X-axis and AI-value as Y-axis. Why did the graph bend upwards at the end and became so non-linear?? Gee it looks like a 2nd degree equation. He started solwing it to get the coefficients. And when we implemented the calculation in the code it resulted in an perfect measurement!! As I have understod it In Siemens S7 you get the value as an integer which is linear and represent the measured value. So Siemens must perform this type of calculation "inside" of their software. This isn't mentioned in any manual of course, why help a competitor, Mitsubishi. Anyway, many thanks for your help guys, now we can return some info to you! // John and Jörgen

hmmm what do you know... i tought i'll never have to see it but I just had to help quote system using ET200...