Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmervenne

FX1N Program Descriptions/comments

5 posts in this topic

I am new to using Mitsubishi PLC's. I went to a customer site to get a copy of a program they are using. When i read the program from the PLC, there were no descriptions for anything in the program, all i have are addresses. I dont remember being prompted for what i wanted to upload, but i might have just skipped that part. What i am wondering is if there is a spot that you need to choose to upload the descriptions or if this program just doesnt have descriptions. Any help is Greatly Appreciated.

Comments are not stored in the memory of the P.L.C. They remain in the project file of the programming device. Rodney

Mitsubishi has option to save some of the comments into plc depending on how much memory is available. This is not done automatically, it is an option. You will need project files from customer to get the comments.

OK thanks. What are the file extensions for the files i need. I am going to the customer site today to look for them. They dont have the original code anymore but i will go look anyway.

you can look for file COMMENT.wcd