Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Dwane

W-Series Servo -> CJ1M. HELP!

5 posts in this topic

Can anyone please help me. I have a 4.4KW W-Series servo motor/driver and am trying to connect it to a CJ1M-CPU21 via the built in high-speed I/O. The problem is that I CANNOT get rid of 'bb' from the servo display, which from what I gather means that the motor isn't being enabled?? The one clue that I have got is the 'SEN' input.........I am using an absolute encoder, so do I HAVE to use the 'SEN' input? When I ordered all the gear, the supplier told me I needed a XW2B-20J6-8A Servo Relay Unit, but if I need the 'SEN' input, it's not available on the Servo Relay Unit that I have. The other complication is that it took me almost 6 weeks to get this gear from Europe and if I have to wait for another Servo Relay Unit (XW2B-40J6-8A) to come from Europe my boss will have me on the unemployment line. (I live in Australia). Anyone with suggestions???? Please??? Regards, Dwane. (sylvester@ozemail.com.au)

Having the BB displayed sounds like you've not got the run command wired up pin 47(24vdc) and 40(0vdc), the display then will say run otherwise. are you refering to the encoder on the servo motor ? if you are then you don't neccesary need sen, to be ohnest i don't use it.

I have tried connecting the run command up on the XW2B relay unit, but it made no difference. The 'SEN' input is on pins 2 and pin 4 of CN1. The manual mentions that you must use 'SEN' if using an absolute encoder on the servo motor. Quote below is from the manual: The biggest problem is that the XW2B relay unit I have doesn't have pins 2 and 4 on it. Makes it kinda hard to see if that is what the problem is.

getting servo into 'run' mode.don't need the 'SEN' input,got the run command wired up pin 47(24vdc) and 40(0vdc).The display will be "RUN".

Problem solved! The solution was to connect the 'run' command as suggested, and also adjust Parameter Pn002, bit 2. This bit (internally) changes the operation of an absolute encoder to an incremental encoder. I did try just the 'run' command input and it wouldn't work. But, once I adjusted Pn002/bit 2 as well, it fired up. Thanks to all who offered advice. P.S. Local Omron rep has told me that in 4.4KW size, that absolute encoder is the only option. Also note that the battery for the encoder is not supplied and has to be ordered seperately, but must be used.