Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Script

connection cpu226

9 posts in this topic

I try connection computer and cpu226 via PC/PPI cable but i can't connect! -PC/PPI cable well -port 1, 2 well -i try all baud rates, station parameter I see appear: Error: communications time out, check the port number, network address, baud rate, and the attached cable. please help me! i can't connect to upload program thank a lots

Has the program in the PLC modified the comm ports for an HMI or something? In Step7-MicroWin you should be able to make the communication search for a connected PLC once you get the settings close. Are you using the USB cable or a standard serial cable and serial port on PC? Are you using a USB to serial adapter?

i using serial port to pc( Com1 to port1, port2). but i connected with cpu224( upload and download are very good) and cpu 226 to DIGI® DI-28SS Stainless Steel Digital Weight Indicato( please help me manual setting DIGI® DI-28SS, thanks)

I have no clue what the settings would be for the weight indicator, I've never worked with one. But chances are that the port it's attached to has been programmed for something other than the standard PPI connection, possibly Freeport. Try this. Turn the Run/Stop switch to STOP. Turn off the PLC. When you turn on the PLC and it is stopped, it should not run the program and hopefully won't adjust the serial port settings. Then try to connect with MicroWin and see what happens. This worked once before when someone had configured their serial port for Freeport mode for a bar code scanner.

I am having the exact same error using the Siemens USB Module. I thought it was a problem with my old laptop. I contacted IT and they let me borrow another to check the USB Module out. I installed 3.2 SP4 and instantly could conect to the S7-200. IT said fine, we will just transfer your lotus notes, favorites and documents to this new machine. They did and now I can not connect with the USB again. I am having fits trying to figure this out. Any suggestions of what could cause a conflict that would not let me use the Siemens USB PPI module. It does see it in Device Manager.

Hallo, Well, I think you can try putting the PLC in Stop mode. Than you have to make 3 attempts: 1) Select DIP in the cable to 9.6 Kbps and try with a Double-Click to refresh, seaching for a valid Address port; 2) Select DIP in the cable to 19.2 Kbps and try with a Double-Click to refresh, searching for a valid Address port; 3) Select DIP in the cable to 187.5 Kbps and try with a Double-Click to refresh, searching for a valid Address port; If these attemps didn't work, perhaps the PLC has been configurated with a different baud rate, try with a USB cable selecting in communications frame the box (Search all baud rates) and a double-click to refresh. Hope this helps, regards. Berg

The Siemens USB cable does not have DIP Switches. And I connected to the PLC just fine before, my data from my old laptop was installed on my new one. I was thinking I might have a registry conflict that that the Siemens USB cable was in conflict with.

If all fails you can run wipeout. Wipeout.exe is installed when you installed MicroWin. This wipeout program will go in to the PLC no matter what baud rate the program has and if it is running in freeport mode. If this does not work then you for sure have hardware conflicts.

Hi Script. You can check system again. I think your problem is : When you connect PLC and Pc you should turn off s7-200 software on Pc or turn off hyper terminal software or other software for connect PC and PLC. Before i had problem like you. Good luck. Edited by phamhoangdung