Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mulderm

Testing edits rungs in RSLogix5

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I use RSLogix 5. Now I have change for example 5 rungs in online edit mode. Places: rung 12 in programfile 2, rung 45 in programfile 6, rung 33 in programfile 7, rung 24 in programfile 4,and rung 22 in programfile 8. How can I selected all this rungs for in Test-mode? Must I step for step selecting the edits rung? mulderm

When you make online edits in your ladder program, they will consist of any combination of up to three types of edits. "i"nserted rungs, "d"eleted rungs, or "e"dited rungs. Note the lower case edit zone marker. This indicates that these edits ONLY exist in the programming computer, and ARE NOT in the PLC memory. The active rung in the PLC memory is displayed below the edited rung and is marked with a lower case "r". This indicates that you have identified it for replacement with an edited rung. The edited rung is marked with a lower case "e" until it has been verified. Verifying does nothing more than check the rung to make sure it is acceptable to the processor. It does not send the edit to the PLC. Do not confuse verify rung with "accept rung edits". When you "Accept Rung Edits" you are now sending the edited rung to the PLC, but it isn't active yet. The PLC inserts the rung and RSLogix changes the zone marker to an uppercase letter: "I"nserted, "E"dited, or "D"eleted. These rungs are now in the PLC. Each edited rung will be followed immediately by the active original rung which will be highlighted with an uppercase "R". Note the color of the markers indicates which rungs are active and which ones are inactive (active rungs default color is green). Now, when you "Test Edits", that's when all of the accepted rungs become active and the replaced and deleted rungs become inactive. With a PLC5, this happens all at one instant regardless of the file:rung location. Notice that the color of the zones will toggle for all of the accepted rungs when you test edits. The old logic is still there, just in case you need to quickly switch it back. To change the logic back, you can press the "Untest Edits" button and immediately, the logic reverts back, but the accepted edits are still present in the PLC. To make these edits a permanent part of the PLC program, choose "Assemble Edits". When you do this, all the inactive rungs are removed and the edit markers are removed from the active rungs. They become permanent changes. Now, it is possible to have ram rung edits (in the programming PC memory highlighted with lowercase zone markers) and accepted edits in the PLC at the same time. In this case, when you hit "Test Edits", only those edits that have been accepted (uppercase markers) will become active, and the ram rung edits aren't activated. In a nutshell, when you choose "Accept Rung Edits" you are sending the edited rung to the PLC, but not activating it. When you choose "Test Edits" you are activating all of the edits that have been accepted throughout all of the program files. And you can identify the active rungs from the inactive via the color of the power rail or zone marker characters. Uppercase markers are for accepted edits in the PLC, and lowercase markers are for ram rung edits that only exist in the programming terminal memory. I hope this came across clearly, I'm so used to online editing, I didn't realize until now how complicated it could be for a new user to get a handle on. Paul C. Edited by OkiePC

Thank you very much OkiePC for the information. I have tried it and I am understanding now. mulderm Edited by mulderm