Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darkogorgievski

Wonderware InTouch RS232

6 posts in this topic

I'm working on a project in which CCTV is integrated in the existing SCADA application. The SCADA is made in Wonderware InTouch 7 and is working with OMRON PLCs. Now the customer wants to integrate CCTV equipement that is used to supervise the process in the SCADA (they want the operator to be able to switch the cameras on the digital video management system from the SCADA). CCTV is based on Vista Triplex Columbus DVMS and I am planning to use RS232 communication to control dhe DVR. I have the communication protocol, but I have no idea how to send data through serial port on the PC. I thought using MSComms Does anybody have expirience in comunicating with RS232 comms using wondereware? Thanks in front

My advice is to do the communications in the PLC instead, and direct any commands (pan, tilt, zoom or just feed change) from the SCADA to the PLC. This is assuming you have access to the PLC and have a spare 232 port. This will be alot easier to maintain in the long run though.

The existing PLC is C40H. But I am planning another PLC to integrate the CCTV, for example CJ11. There I have another probvlem, I didn't maqnage to set the peripherial port to work in hostlink and the Wonderware has only hostlink IO server

I wrote some code in VB but I didn't see any trafic to my port. Private Sub Command1_Click() MSComm1.Settings = "9600,n,8,1" MSComm1.PortOpen = True MSComm1.Output = Chr(HFF) & Chr(H55) & Chr(8) Text1.Text = MSComm1.OutBufferCount Text2.Text = MSComm1.OutBufferSize Text3.Text = MSComm1.CommEvent MSComm1.PortOpen = False End Sub I tried with another cable that i use to connect to PLC controllers and that I know is good and I don't see the comm LED on my PLC blink. Could you suggest something else, perhaps using some other component (I would like it to be free)? I have heard something about having trouble to set MSComm in XP. I attached the protocol Regards Darko PROTOCOL.zip

The CxxH family is the only Omron PLC family which uses pin 7 for signal ground. All other Omron 9 pin ports use pin 9 for signal ground. Make a jumper between 7 and 9 on the connector that interfaces with the C40H 9 pin port. Omron Universal Serial Cable @ MrPLC.com

The C40H is working and it is connected through 9 pin port on which the ground is connected to pin 7. Process SCADA is comunicating with it. It stays in function. On the new PLC CJ1M cpu11 there is uppgrade of the automation procces. I wrote code in VB (hopefully to make ActiveX component from it) to communicate with CCTV device from the SCADA I tried to communicate with the CCTV device with standard (GND = pin 5) cable. Becouse I didn't manage to establish communication I tried the same VB application on CJ1M CPU11 with cable with GND on pin 9 in order to see if the com LED on the PLC will blink. As it didn't happen I assume I have done some mistake in the VB code, and the commands are not exiting through my port. Thanks Darko