Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ScottXL

SLC 5/05 Enet

4 posts in this topic

I am trying to connect to a 5/05 using the Enet port. I am using Linx Pro and a PCMK (B) card. I continue to get un "Unrecognised Device" symbol with a yellow X on it. My driver is eth-01. Do i need to use my network card and a patch cable instead? The SLC is not on a network of any kind.

Um, yes, using an Ethernet card in your PC and an Ethernet network (or a cross-over cable) is the whole point of having an SLC-5/05 with Ethernet port. When you set up the AB_ETH driver, you'll have an option to Configure it. There will be a table for you to put in the IP addresses of PLCs on your network; put the IP address of the SLC-5/05 on that list. I guess that begs the question... does your SLC-5/05 have an IP address yet ? The PCMK/B card is meant for DH+ and DH-485, not for Ethernet.

There is this writeup in the AB Knowledgebase that may help. http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/appl...2C?OpenDocument You can also search for A5273 in the knowledgebase.

thats an easy Answer.... Ditch the KT card("it's junk") go from the 5/05 to a hub then from the hub to the PC Simple huh :-8