Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nass89

90-30 Series Memory Clear

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a series 90-30 CPU350. It is password protected. I cleared the memory and copied RAM to EEPROM. All OK. But still CPU is paassword protected. I use "Lgic Master" and in Menu "PASSWORD PROTECTION" under "CURRENT LEVEL" against "ACCESS LEVEL 4" is an X the comments I tried to change the password but the message shows it is wrong. What's wrong with it? What should be done, to clear the password. I also removed the battery in CPU but no effect. Thanks

If I remember correctly, Level 4 is "No Password". Try to change or clear the program, if it does not work. You can clear the memory by removing the CPU from the rack, then remove the front plastic cover. On the edge of the board is a white rectangle with two solder pads marked "CLR MEM". Short this for a few seconds to bring the CPU back to factory defaults.

I think you may be misinterpreting what you see. The X next to Level 4 means that you are at that level of access. Level 4 allows you to do anything to the PLC, including changing the password. If you got to level 4 without having to enter a password, then there is no password. Don't confuse the configuration setting that says passwords are enabled. All 90-30s come out of the box with passwords enabled, but no passwords are set. If you are sure that you never want to use passwords, then you can configure the PLC for passwords disabled.

I want to set my own Password. And when I type a password, the message "Password is not correct" comes. I disconnected the battery on CPU but no change. But the jumper to clear the momory , I will try it.

To change the password for any level, you must be in Logicmaster configuration. From Logicmaster programmer, all you can do is enter a password to change your access level. If you are already at Level 4 access without having to enter a password, there is no higher level to get to. Furthermore, once you set a password, the password becomes part of the Logicmaster file. If you clear the PLC memory and then download the same program file, the act of downloading will reestablish the password.

In the manual of Logic Master is written, changing of password is possible in configuration package. In my configuration in the page of "Password Protection", there is no edit box under password column to edit new passwords. I also pressed Ctrl+o but no result. What's wrong with it? How could I set a new Password? Thanks!

The field to the right of the text "ENTER PASSWORD TO CHANGE ACCESS LEVEL" is for moving between levels. It isn't obvious that there are other fields to move to, but use the up or down cursor keys to move to the field to the right of the access level whose password you want to change. Then type in the new password and hit <ENTER>. You will be asked if you want to write the password to the PLC. You must be ONLINE to enter a new password. It can't be done while you're in OFFLINE or MONITOR. Is this the same PLC as in your other thread? You mentioned software version 9.05. Is that the PLC version (from the Logicmaster 90 Status screen) or the Logicmaster 90-30 version?

Thank you Steve, you are right. The field under password is not displayed. I thought it is not editable. I moved the cursor up and it changed to edit box. Thank you again.