Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Slick504

5/250 Setup

4 posts in this topic

I've just installed PLC 5/250 (ver 1.41) software on my PC, and Winlinx (ver 5.20.50), the driver is AB_ETH-1, sta #63, when i do "super who" in winlinx i can see the 5/250, but when i try to setup the Default Server Name in the 5/250 Communication Hardware setup, i get the following error message:- ¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T¨T ERROR PCL_Link_Error returned an error code of -56. DESCRIPTION Error loading/initializing PCL Link Drivers SEVERITY The current operation can not be completed. Can anybody give me any advice. Thanks for any help Graeme

It's ok, i've sorted it out, i've installed and setup RSLinx pro, and i can now get online to the 5/250, and all the other processors. Cheers Graeme P.S......does anyone know what a PCL link driver is???

"PCL" means "Peer Communication Link". It's an old name for the peer-to-peer protocol that later was renamed "Data Highway Plus". Every interface I've ever used that was labeled "PCL" I was able to interface with using DH+ hardware like 1770-KF2 or 1784-PCMK. Check out the DB9S connector on a Classic PLC-5/25 or PLC-5/15... it says "PCL". You're a brave fellow, getting into a PLC-5/250 system in this day and age. When I get calls on that platform I usually have to call one of our retired guys and consult with him.

HI Ken Thanks for the reply, we've got two 5/250's controlling 2 production lines(motion control, data transfer and traceablity), we know we should be looking at replacing them, but it's a big project and trying to get a big enough gap in production is a nightmare. Cheers Graeme