Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest krobertson

FX2N

3 posts in this topic

Hello All, I'm looking for some assistance, hopefully somebody has experienced the same problem I am having. I have a FX2N at a remote location, and I am trying to access across to with our LAN. I have a MOXA Nport Express DE211 which I am using as a remote serial port COM2 and can enable this with no problem. Have checked on Hyperlink. However when I connect the FX2N to the Nport using the Mitsubishi interface cable, I get no response from the PLC. always bring up the "No reply from PLC" message when I try to monitor within MEDOC (Selected COM2 in the Transfer setuo menu). The COM2 port I am using for the Nport Express is a "virtual port", would you know if the MEDOC needs a real physical port which I think might be the problem. Needless to say I have checked out the pin out on the Nport (OK) and I have left the Nport output on RS232 and do the RS422 conversion with the Mitsubishi programming cable. However, I can select RS422 output from the Nport but I assume this would be a waste of time Any ideas would be much appreciated. Regards, Ken R.

I meant to post a public reply, but I did a private message instead. Actually, the problem is probably the DOS programming software. DOS doesn't always recognize these specialty hardware devices. i tried to use DOS programming software with a USB to Serial adapter once, and even though Windows recognized the port and said everything was OK, the DOS windows couldn't use it. Strongly recommend dropping MEDOC and going to GX-Developer. There is a 'lite' version that only programs the FX PLCs. It's probably around $500. Chris Automation Consultant

Thanks Chris, much appreciated. Ties in with what I was thinking. Will take your point and obtain GX Developer. That should alleviate the driver issue. Regards, Ken R.