Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest bigdog

Display Barcode Scanned with Omron

6 posts in this topic

Is it possible to connect a Barcode Scanner, such as a Sick Scanner to the serial port on a Omron CQM1H PLC and display the barcode that was scanned on a NT20 Display. I have read about the CX Protocol software that would allow a person to do this, but could you trigger the scanner to scan and then monitor the serial port and with the use of the Ascii In commands read the info that was scanned into a DM and then display on the Display. We use Syswin 3.4 where I work instead of CX. If anyone has done this, could you post a sample of the code. Thanks

Well...... CX Protocol is way one to do it, but it is pretty involved just to read a barcode scanner. You can send and receive ASCII commands through the CPU port using TXD-RXD ladder instructions. I will post an example to get you started. To use CX Protocol you must have the CQM1H-SCB41 inner board to load the custom Protocol Macros. It will not support the CPU RS232 port. Here's an example of TXD-RXD: TXD_RXD.zip

Trigging via RS232C could be impossible. It is not supported by the Sick, so you must trig by Digital Output-relay/opto. Edited by Seppo Alanen

Jay I tried the tXD_ code today with a omron cqm1 - cpu51, with on innerboards. I could not read any information coming in through the serial port when I was monitoring the plc program. I connected the txd and rxd from the scanner to the txd and recieve of the serial port. According to the sick manaul - pin 2 is the Txd RS 232, and pin 3 is the Rxd. I connected the Txd from the scanner interface to the Rxd on the cqm1h serial port pin 3, The Rxd from the scanner to the TXD of the Cqm1h serial port pin 2. The ground for the Sick scanner interface for the rs232 is pin 5, and the ground for the Cqm1h is pin 9. I was able to manual signal the scanner and when a barcode was detected, i was able to monitor the data signal on the back of the scanner turn on and then off, and also in the configuration, i have the scanner set up to beep when it sees a barcode. I manually forced the input 00.01 to initate the program, but never saw the AR8.06 go true or dm500 ever change. What could I be doing wrong? I am going to attach the Syswin program, which i changed the setup to match that I was actually using a Cqm1h - cpu51. I am also going to attach the configuration file that is in the barcode scanner. If you are interested in assisting with this, you can go to www.sick.com and download the sick clv setup software for the clv410 scanner. This is the scanner that use on most of our equipment. Thanks Txd_rxd2.swb

Jay Attached is the Sick Clv configuration file that i downloade into the sick scanner. Test.scl

Jay Link for sick clv setup software - search for clv setup, it will take you to the download page. http://www.sickoptic.com/live/master/part_search.asp Thanks