Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MerlinKnight

Quantum CPU113-3

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new to quantum but i have found this: Clock Register Values 4xxxx: Contains the following control information from the left: Bit 1: Set Clock Values Bit 2: Read Clock Values Bit 3: Done Bit 4: Error 4xxxx+1: Contains the day of the week (from 1 to 7). 4xxxx+2: Contains the month 4xxxx+3: Contains the day 4xxxx+4: Contains the year 4xxxx+5: Contains the hour (using the 24-hour clock). 4xxxx+6: Contains the minutes. 4xxxx+7: Contains seconds. But how does this work. Do i set bit 2 then read the modbus register. Do i set then reset bit 2 then read register. To set the clock do i put a # in the reg then set bit 1 then reset the bit the set bit 3 then reset. Don't know and can't find. Processor is running and i can't test . Thanks, Merlin Knight

I always just wrote numbers to the various registers. You can set up objects on your display for each of the words you want to be able to modify (like the hours, minutes,mont, day, year, and then just write a number to them. I never use the control word.

Thank you Crossbow, I was not sure if i could do that or if it would take it. The help area for the plc program had shown the info above and that it. I did not understand why the bits were needed or how they worked. I'll try it. Thanks Again, Merlin Knight Edited by MerlinKnight