Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
308guru

I need a "resistance to voltage" device

3 posts in this topic

I need to make a test to verify correct parts are installed in an assembly. I'm looking for a correct motor voltage. I have verified that the different voltage motors we use have very different resistances across the leads. I'd like a device then, that will turn a resistance value into a voltage or current that I can use as an analog input to a plc. I can then determine if it's the correct motor based on parameters that I set. Has anybody ever used/seen/heard of a device to do this before? Thanks!

i'm not quite sure what exactly you want to do but to measure resistance you can use RTD transducer, to measure motor current, use current transducer. check weidmuller or phoenix contact or carlo gavazzi or anyone else's website.

The resistance being measured is a "resistance to voltage device" itself if it is: - connected to a constant current source, or - in series with a constant resistance connected to a constant tension source. The second option (a.k.a. voltage divider) is less expensive. Edited by Sergei Troizky