Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pseudoquas

A970GOT is expensive!...AB DARK SIDE tempts me

8 posts in this topic

...compared with an AB panelview 1000 plus! The GOT (touchscreen TBA-EU) is about $4500, not including software, while the panelview is $3400 WITH software. These seem to be comparable TFT 10.4" units, but I see only advantages to the panelview: 32MB vs 1 MB, 18-bit color vs "16 color", etc. I'm an AB guy, but was pretty much convinced to go FX2N on a motion control application: smaller, cheaper, more capable PLC sold it. BUT, BAM, this A970 GOT just blew the bank! Is this GOT worth the extra $1100 + $650(software)? Is there comparable 10.4" that works with FX2N? SAVE ME FROM GOING BACK TO THE "DARK SIDE"!! Edited by pseudoquas

Im not an expert about GOT price, my opinion is the A970GOT it's an old product. I know Mitsubishi is starting to sell new GOT 1000 versions. I suggest you to compare AB with this new version of GOT, also about the price. Bye Max

Hi there, I use GOT too since our customers request from us to do so. I think got series are expensive choice, too. Also I usually spend time to obtain communication modules. Why not try inexpensive brands for example Easyview, Beijer and etc. I dont have any idea about your application. But anyone could suit to your needs. Best Regards.

You're getting taken. My current price on the A970GOT (still a current product) is $1,850 with interface. In the US, Meau has this onerous "you must buy from your local distributor" nonsense. My local guys want $3,000 for the same part. I just have a friend in another state buy it for me. I may go to the "dark side" soon. AB really wants my business and are willing to cut me some sweet deals. With meau, it's work around their obstacles. Too bad, 'cos I really love the meau stuff. That may change tho, since I hate the current software and it looks like any ethernet i/o is years away, if it's coming at all. I had to buy Automation Direct (euuuu....) recently because of that. The fx2nc is a work of art. :)

larry is right... It sounds they quoted you A985GOT-V with memory expansion, ladder monitor and whole nine yards instad of A970. I was buying 975 for about 2k (need to verify). Mitsubishi sells three series of HMIs and the A series is the most expencive one. Check F or E series if you are looking for bargain. Actually I don't think you will find 10" in F series. A and F series use same software, E series is different (European product).

The April 2005 list price on A970GOT-TBA-EU is 4495. You got hosed.

Thanks, all, for your responses! Indeed, with your insights, it seems clear that I was quoted an inflated price. I will quest further, trying to avoid the power of the "Dark Side". Edited by pseudoquas

--------Heavy breathing------ Give in to the dark side of the force! Join me and fulfill your destiny. --------Heavy breathing------ Sorry, I just couldn't resist the temptation. LOL