Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billyboot

PLC functions

5 posts in this topic

hi, I am using medoc and fx0 plc, I am a plc beginner and I use the mitsu manual I downloaded from this site to practice working with plc. However there are lots of function that I do not understand well and how they are applied, I think this manual is basically for somebody who knows a lot on plc. Just want to ask help, maybe someone out there can give some practice exercises especially the applied instruction, something for me to learn. How do you input values on data registers? like for example if yout want D1 to have a value of 100 how do you do that on medoc because I am having trouble? And what is PID? what does it mean? Sorry, I am used to relays and hardwiring. regards, billy

If you're using DOS MEDOC, and you are connected to the PLC, then to change the value of a data register D1. EDIT INSTR or EDIT LADDER to see the code. [F2] to enter the editor [F8] to go online [F7] then enter the address D1, then type the value you want Page Up and Page Down enables you to move up or down 1 data register when in this mode

thanks colin for your reply. What if I am not connected to the plc and I am just starting to write a new program? regards, billy

You'd have to write some code into the PLC to make the programme write values to the Data Register, eg. LD M8000 (Always ON) MOV K100 D100 Would continuously write a value of 100 (decimal) to D100 Obviously you can change M8000 to other bits to suit your programme. You can also use MOVP which will "flash" a value into it at the first instance that the bit comes on. Battery backed data registers are normally D200 to D511 in the bigger FX series, but not necessarily in the smaller variants.