Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alex Krashevsky

Applications for FinsGateway

2 posts in this topic

24.03.03. Hi, Friends! In real moment I have two problems: 1). I need sample examples of applications for FinsGateway Version 3 with Visual Basic, or Exel. ****** My task is: connect Plc CPM2A, or CQM1H CPU-21, 51,61 via Serial Unit by FinsGateway for to write and To read values in Registers. ****** 2). Which possible can to change from ladder diagram contacts Status of Plc CPM2A, or CQM1H CPU-21, 51,61 From Monitor to Run, or Stop and from Stop to Run, or Monitor. Thanks in advance kind Regards. Alex Krashevsky.

I would be happy to assist with examples of how to use FINS Gateway to interface to Omron networks, but I must first characterize the individual components necessary to do so. FINS Gateway by itself does not extend itself to the Visual languages such as VB, VC++, Delphi or Microsoft Office. It must be used in conjuction with the FINS Gateway SDK to interface to the Windows API. To extend through ActiveX technology the ability to interface to Omron networks, you must have one of the following components: 1. Compolet: An ActiveX component that both reads and writes to the Omron memory map. 2. ValueAid: An ActiveX component that allows FINS commands to be sent directly to an Omron CPU. Knowledge of FINS protocol is essential when using this component.