Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dsc

CQM1 with OD212 Output Card

10 posts in this topic

Hallo Everybody i'm realy new with Omron PLC i do some very simple test today with CQM1 PLC and ID212 and OD212 I/O card Do not know what happen but when i measure at the output card terminal there is no 24Vdc output at the OD212 terminal output OD212! I try several way but still same only 0.9V appear on it, and the other output which not suppose to be High has 2V on it. Do I have miss any step or make any mistake? DSC

"Daft Question" I know, but... Do you have a d.c. power supply wired into the unit ? The OD212 is not self-powered. If so, are any of the units LEDs on ? If so, are they the ones that you are measuring the output of ? Any more info... Regards anonymous

You have to pay attention on wiring the device. Maybe this will help you. D11CQM1H.1.0304.pdf

The OD212 output module is NPN. It has open collector outputs. Without a load on the output your measurments may be eronious as they are floating.

Hi Seen that OD212 is NPN module. Since i'm using PNP switching, is there any way to change this OD212 to PNP output to suit my circuit.

NO!!!!

The closest you can come is by having it switch relays which are wired to provide the PNP you desire. The other option is to get a different module.

I get the other module.

Hi me again, it was ok then, i ll put relays to connect OD212 to my PNP circuit. Thank u everybody

If switching speed is a concern... we use these for all kinds of interfacing and isolation. We use the DIP socket carrier and plug in an opto-isolator chip. They fast and easy to build. I will post a drawing if anyone is interested.