Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
panic mode

Communication with Keyance vision system CV-700

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I'm about done with VB program which communicates with Keyance vision system and retrieves results. It' a 700 series unit with the single camera (for now). There is a small "remote control" that plugs into back of the unit (it uses same RJ port as my PC which means only one can be used at a time). I am pretty sure that remote simply uses RS232 to send commands to the vision system although Keyance tech support is dening it. I would like to put on my screen replica of the remote to allow control from the PC screen. I don't mind sniffing out the traffic but i'm simply to short with time to check it out myself. If anyone has done it already, your reply would be greatly appreciated. regards, panic mode

I've used HyperTerminal and the per-bought Keyence cable OP-???? in a CV-701P unit before. If you download the PDF manual here: http://world.keyence.com/products/vision/c...700/cv_700.html There is a section that covers the Ascii that you can grab out of the port. You also need to configure your WINDOWS to "1" in the controllers setup screen. When you toggle the RS-232 setting in Window 1 from "0" to "1", then any information such as pixel counts will be transmitted via RS-232. But what you are trying to do sounds very kewl. I'd like to see what you got when you are finished with your "remote" VB applications...he he he

Thanks for reply I already have just about everything working fine (have to fix few things with target that changes position). At this moment my program can switch windows, read, write and change settings, start and stop system, trigger measurements, receive the the values (they come as one string) and extract each value in different textbox, read picture etc. All that's left is to check pinouts of my cable (trace TX, RX and GND from DB to RJ connector) so I can read communication while playing with buttons on remote. I was hoping someone did it already (I've been doing this few times before). I'm pretty sure that it wont take more than an hour or so... panic mode

I am doing the same thing in VB but need the data structure for the settings data reply do you have this or any other info that would be useful. Cheers Horrid henry

I'm not quite sure what exactly you need help with. To configure CV700 series control to send the data using RS232, you have to go to console (while in program mode keep ESC pressed). Make sure to set following: RS232C BPS = 38400 or 19200 (or whatever you plan on using) RS232C OUT = 11111111 to get the measurement passed out to the PC

I was looking for the breakdown of the reply's from the CV-700 to the SA and SR commands. I can now download the registered screen and display it in greyscale do you know if any colour info is sent with the picture. Cheers Horrid Henry