Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Richard Candler

Timer Constants

4 posts in this topic

Hi This is the first time that I have done any practical programming of a PLC. I have bought a Mitsubishi FX1S PLC and have managed to program nearly everything that I need except using timers. I have set up a timer with a K value of 2 expecting that this would be 2s. It seemed the output that I was latching with this timer came on almost instantly. After some reading I see that the generally the K value will be either 10/th's 100/s or 1000/s. I have increased the value of K to 20 and now the input is never latched on? is there a way I can tell or adjust the scale of time used by the PLC? What am i doing wrong? Do the timers have a limit of what they can count to? Also there are two variable resistors on the front of the PLC does anybody know what they do? It says on the manual that they are some type of analogue adjust? Cheers for any help in advance Rich

There are 64 timers available in FX1S. T63 counts in 1ms. The rest (T0-T62) are 100ms timers. Timers T32-T62 may be switced to 10ms mode by maintaining the M8028 coil continuously on. All the timers are 16 bit unsigned, so the maximum possible value is 32767. This is a link to FX series programming manual: http://www.meau.com/Files/JY992D88101-C.PDF

The potentiometers change the values in registers D8030 and D8031 in 0-255 range.

These are very powerful PLCs for the size and cost, but the timers are limited. For example, A/B timers can be bit level monitored, that is, EN, TT, DN, while the Mitsus are only true when they are timed out. The other functions can be had, but you will need to do some additional programming. Good Luck, tommyt