Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mole

Troubles Configuring A2SH and ProfiBus Card

2 posts in this topic

I am new to Mitsubishi PLC's and I haven't worked with PLC in general in a few years, so I'm a little rusty... I am trying to setup an A series PLC with an A2SHCPU and a A1SJ71PB92D Profibus Card. I'm using GX Configurator-DP and GX IEC Developer 6.01. I can communicate with the CPU ok, and can download the project I have setup just fine. However, when I use GX Config to setup the ProfiBus network, GX Config doesn't see my PB92D card. Instead it sees an AD68DAV! Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong or how I can make this work? To setup the PB card in GX Devel, I first go to PLC Parameters/IO Assignment and set a "Special" card for slot 0, and assign it 32 IO points. Then I go to Module Configuration and PB92D from the pull down menu and browse for my dp file.

i don't recall details and don't have configurator on this machine but idea is to: - configure plc to recognize cards - create application for profibus card (master or slave) using configurator DP - download that DP application to plc. you need to setup route/path to profibus card by entering: > slot number where the card is (eg. slot 3), > head address (06 if the base address is 0x060) and > how are you connecting to plc (directly to CPU or through maybe ethernet card or whatever). note that plc has to be stopped while you are downloading DP. also do not forget to keep that file since you won't be able to uplad it from PLC. since you have the card in slot 0 and head address is probably also 0 (unless you have remapped I/Os) so that shoud be settled. you should be able to start profibus connection while CPU is stopped and see if the card talks to slaves.