Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest lalo

Character array

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I need to send a character array from PV600 to a ControlLogix using ControlNet. The problem seems to be that i can only send a data type like bit, int, dint, real. Can be made it?.

1. You will need to use Unscheduled Messaging. 2. The Version of PanelBuilder I have (3.80) states in the Help files that only allows a "character array" tag in the PV to connect to an INT or SINT data type in the CLX. ( No structures allowed.) 3. However I suggest you look at the AB KnowledgeBase (always a good idea) www.ab.com and click on "Product Support" In there you will find an Application Note A20872 that has a demo PBA and ACD files showing all the possible datatypes that the Cnet PV supports when connected to a CLX processor via a 1756-CNB module. It is very helpful. 4. One of the examples shown includes an "ascii" tag that is connected to an array of 20 SINT tags. This SINT array is styled as ASCII so that it is easy to read and enter data to it in a meaningful fashion. 5. I guess the biggest confusion is that the PanelBuilder help file says "no structures" but a structure refers to a "User Defined Tag". ( Which may have SINT or SINT arrays defined within them.) It is not allowed to address a SINT address buried within a UDT, but it is allowed to address an array of SINTs (or INT's) that are explicitly defined as Controller tags.