Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maccxim

FX2N-modem

3 posts in this topic

I need to connect an US-Robotics modem to an FX2N plc. The modem is the standard V09 56K fax modem of Us Robotics. I installed on FX2N plc the interface FX2N-232-BD, just to connect the modem. Somebody can send me the settings to configure the modem? i.e. AT commands, cable or other ? Best regards Max

When I use modem connections I most often use a PowerBit modem on the PC-side and a Westermo TD35 modem on the FX2N-side. The init-strings I use for the modems are the following: The calling modem (connected to PC): AT&F&D0&K0&W The answering modem (connected to PLC): AT&F&D0&K0Q1E0S0=1&C1&W When you init the modems (e.g) with Hyperterminal, connect with 19200, even parity and 1 stopbit. Most analog modems "learn" the communicationsettings when you send a command to them but some (e.g Westermo) is needed to be setup with some hardware-switches but I don't think that such settings are needed on an US Robotics modem. Modem FX2N:232BD 9 pin male 9 pin female 3 -------------------------------- 3 2 -------------------------------- 2 7 -------------------------------- 7 8 -------------------------------- 8 6 -------------------------------- 6 5 -------------------------------- 5 1 -------------------------------- 1 4 -------------------------------- 4 9 -------------------------------- 9 Remember that special dataregister D8120 must be set to 0. //SirPLC

Thank you for the informations. I will try Max