Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nguyenthanhcanh

CX-Simulator

10 posts in this topic

Dear all, How can I connect to CX-Simulator from VB6 using Compolet and FinsGateway?

Hi, 1. Start CX-Simulator from the Windows 'Start' menu, not from CX-Programmer. 2. Configure a PLC to suit your application (add modules etc) (or select a PLC you have previously configured.) 3. When the 'Work Simulator' Dialog box appears, press the 'Connect' Button. A message is displayed in the 'Work Simulator' Dialog box to tell you the FINS address that the simulated PLC is available on. (usually this is 1.10.0, although the dialog will tell you the address) Finsgateway can now communicate with this PLC at address 1.10.0 Note also that CX-Programmer, CX-Supervisor etc can also communicate with the simulated PLC by setting up comms as 'Fins Gateway' address 1.10.0. Hope this helps NIBROC

Haven't tried it in CX-One yet. When installing CX Simulator for CX-One, it asks you if it is for FGW or CX Programmer. I wonder if CX Server handles it in CX-One. I don't see an installation of FGW if you install for CX Simulator for CX Programmer. Nibroc, have you tried it in CX-One?

Yes. I'm using CX-One. At installation time, I don't see any option (For CX-Programmer/For FinsGateway) at CX-Simulator section. More information: 1. When ETN_UNIT in FinsGateway is running, if connect to CX-Simulator PLC using Ethernet (network, node, unit as same as FinsGateway - cannot change), ETN_UNIT will be stopped. 2. When CX-Simulator is connected using Ethernet, ETN_UNIT cannot run. Any ideas for these?

.... I am using CX-One. My machine does have FinsGateway 2003 installed also as a separate item. When I use simulator like this, there is no need to configure finsgateway at all, it works fine and automatically finds the networks and units. The ETN and CLK units are not running for communications within the PC (see picture), these drivers are for external (physical) communications using either ethernet or controller link ports. NIBROC Edited by Nibroc

Great! Then there must be a CPU Unit built into CX Server now.

How to set FINs Address to 1.10.0, Nibroc? I cannot change network and machine, see below image (in grey color boxes)

... Click on the 'Connect' button and then a message showing the FINS address of the simulated PLC will appear. It has nothing to do with ETN or CLK. You have to use the address that is allocated to you. (it does change if you switch from ETN to CLK) When you press 'Connect' Fins Gateway automatically sets up a network for you. You can then communicate to the simulated PLC using CX-P, CX-Supervisor, or any other software which can communicate using fins... NIBROC

Thank Nibroc for the help. It's running well.

This might be old... but I'm trying to do as what @Nibroc said.

However when I'm pressing the "Connect" button to activate EtnUnit for example, the Network Address text stays at 0 and it is grayed out.
So no chance to change it.

This in turn (I think) makes me unable to find the said Simulator through FinsGateway, since FinsGateway can only find devices with Network Number from 1 and above.

Anyone have an idea about this?